by Judith G. Cobb, MH, CI, NCP
Come find out! Details are at the end of this short article.
The answer might surprise you! Read on.
This article is not meant to diagnose or prescribe. It is meant for educational purposes only. Judith Cobb, Cobblestone Health, and Nature’s Sunshine Products accept no responsibility for results you get, whether good or bad, from using this information. Always seek the guidance of a qualified health professional.
You don’t have to be overweight to have Cardiometabolic syndrome. Have you had your blood tested lately?
There is such a thing now as ‘skinny fat’. It denotes a person whose blood chemistry is that of an overweight person and it always means they have cardiometabolic syndrome. How do you know if you’ve got it? If you’ve got three of the following five markers you positively have it and would be wise to do something about it.
1. waist measurement over 35″ for women, 40″ for men, taken at the belly button
2. blood pressure equal to or over 135/80 or on blood pressure medication
3. fasting glucose equal to or over 100 mg/dl
4. triglycerides equal to or over 150 mg/dl
5. HDL-c less than 40 mg/dl (men), less than 50 mg/dl (women)
Feeling fat never feels healthy!
IN.FORM is a wellness program quite unlike any other. Many people consider it a weight loss program – I consider it a critical wellness program. What makes it different from Jenny Craig or Weight Watchers?
- It can be used to lose weight, gain weight, or change your body composition (more about body composition in 3 below). Choose your body composition goal.
- It is based on food, with the option of speeding things up by using select Nature’s Sunshine Products. Most people use the supplements, especially when they are first starting out and want a little extra support.
- It uses BioTracker technology (bio-impedence) to assess your weight, % body fat, % hydration, pounds of muscle, pounds of visceral fat (really unhealthy fat that is stored around the organs in your core), pounds of bones, and your metabolic age*, along with the usual tape measure measurements, to note your progress. Tracking these measurements weekly enables you to see the success you are creating.
- The program is individualized based on your needs. It is not a one-size-fits-all.
- Because this is a wellness program, not a weight loss program, many participants find significant improvement in digestion, energy, sleep, and a reduction of joint and back pain.
- This is a 13-week program, done privately or in small groups, that allows me to coach you to ensure your success.
- In the program you will learn about yourself, what your particular challenges are when trying to achieve a healthier body composition, and how to overcome those challenges.
- In the group setting there is support, encouragement, and the free flow of ideas to help you along your way.
Being overweight never feels young!
*What does ‘metabolic age’ mean? This is how old your body thinks it is. Typically, if your metabolic age is higher than your chronological age, you will feel older than you are. You might just plain feel old. The reverse is also true – if your metabolic age is younger than your chronological age, you probably feel younger than you really are. Your age is automatically calculated by the BioTracker based on your actual age and all of the various measurements recorded by the BioTracker.
My biological age is in the low 30s. Not bad for someone in her mid-50s!
I recently measured a young man, age 24. His biological age is 69! He has gout, some weight to lose, and is in serious need of dietary intervention.
Feeling fat never feels energized!
Being fit & healthy feels young and energized!
What: Your invitation to a body composition/wellness workshop where you will sample the BioTracker (learning how much muscle, bone, and fat you have) and sample a great protein smoothie recipe. Our next 13-week session will start Saturday, November 12 (We will not hold meetings Christmas Eve or New Year’s Eve, but you are welcome to stop in on Friday of those weeks to have an extra weigh and measure done.)
Date: Saturday, November 13, 2016
Time: 9:00 am
Where: Call for location
Cost: your first meeting is free.
Call me at 403-850-5503 to be added to our notification list for the November group.
You don’t want to miss this – even if you already love your body, you know someone who doesn’t so pass this info along
Copyright © 2016 by Judith Cobb, Cobblestone Health Ltd. All rights reserved. Please respect the time it takes to write and publish articles. If you will link to this article and give proper attribution, you are encouraged to quote sections (though not the entire article).